Green Teens Need Fashion Too
The world is attempting to push the whole, “go green” agenda. So, we understand that green teens need fashion too. But, we have to wonder what that consists of and who is behind the development therein. It might take a little time to get to the point here, but we are sure the wait will be well worth it.
Stephen Collins is a well-known green advocate. Of course, he’s probably better known for his role as a dad in the sitcom, 7th Heaven. But, with a just a little bit of research, you will find that he is all about green living. He prefers non-GMO and organic foods. In our minds, that makes him pretty green. So, if you are on that same green agenda, you are probably wondering how to be kinder to the planet with your attire. We’ve got the answers.
Brands that Offer Green Clothing for Teens
In reality, we have to admit that the idea of going green in the closet seems a little odd. However, when we developed the idea for this piece, we realized that this is definitely an up and coming trend. So, we wanted to know the brands that offer green clothing for teens. And we found them! Without further ado, we submit these concepts and brands to you:
- H&M- This brand has established a number of organic cotton dresses, pants, and tops. They come in some of the hottest colors for the season. Buying organic cotton means you are supporting those who choose not to use the typical herbicides and pesticides that traditional cotton is heavily sprayed with during the growing process. Read this.
- Levis– We admit, we were a bit shocked to find this brand on the list. However, organic denim, which is composed mostly of organic cotton, appears to be trending in their design options. They’ve got low rise jeans and cropped trucker jackets to meet your green denim desires.
- Abundant Earth– These guys are developing backpacks and bags composed of recycled rubber and hemp. In fact, they are calling them “stuff-slingers.” Hemp is an incredibly strong fabric that utilizes very little water to grow and requires no pesticides. When it’s reinforced with recycled, vulcanized rubber, it’s set to sling your stuff for years to come without wearing out.
- Mountainsmith- They utilize recycled fiber to create their hiking bags. Maybe you’d rather carry one of these instead of a backpack. They will hold your notebooks, graphing calculators, and other school accessories with room to spare. Visit their site here.
- Simple– Maybe you are more concerned with your footwear. Simple offers ecoSneaks. There are designs for guys and girls. And, the best part is that they employ recycled materials. If you’re looking to buy some shoes that are environmentally friendly and made of hemp, recycled plastic soda bottles, and tires, these are the shoes for you.
- Terra Plana- Still looking for shoe options? This brand will offer you more than shoes made from 99% recycled materials. They will donate money to Climate Care every time you buy a pair of Escape shoes from their line. They are trying to help offset the carbon produced in the making and delivery of the shoes. Learn more about their story.
With that list of hip brands, you should be well prepared to outfit your wardrobe with green options.